One of the many benefits of participating in the Granite State Games is scholarship money!
The Granite State Games Future Leaders Scholarship, which awards eight $500 college scholarships to Granite State Games participants each year (2 per region, 1 male and 1 female), aims to identify young men and women who will be tomorrow’s leaders. GSG is proud to award these scholarships to eight student-athletes who demonstrate leadership through community service, academic excellence, and athletic achievement.
The Granite State Games celebrated our eight scholarship winners that each received a check for $500 (one boy and one girl per region). These eight outstanding young men and women were hand selected by the GSG board that reviewed dozens of applications from extremely talented, smart and qualified applicants from all over the state.
Winners were chosen based on their GPA, extracurricular activities, course selection, letters of recommendation, athletic and academic achievements, community service, and leadership.
The Future Leaders Scholarship is named after the late Tom Ducharme who sadly passed away in November of 2016. Tom was a close friend, mentor, contributor and supporter of the Granite State Games from day one … these scholarships, as well as the Games as a whole, would not be possible without his help. Tom was an avid sports fan, especially soccer and running, and strongly believed in the importance of education. Even though he will truly be missed, his legacy will carry on forever through these scholarships and worthy recipients.
The 2019 Granite State Games Tom Ducharme Future Leaders Scholarship Winners:
- Alexander Enderson, Woodsville High School, Soccer
- Steven Wilson, Merrimack High School, Soccer (Erik Wennerstrom Scholarship Winner)
- Alexis Matte, Mount Royal Academy, Girls Basketball
- Sydney Kolasinski, Milford High School, Field Hockey
- Cara Lecklider, Nashua South, Volleyball
- Elise O’Neil, Concord High School, Softball
The 2018 Granite State Games Tom Ducharme Future Leaders Scholarship Winners:
- Jolena Senesombath, Newmarket
- Mariah Chamberlain, Conant
- Sophie Worster, Merrimack Valley
- Kelsey Peirce, Exeter (Erik Wennerstrom Scholarship Winner)
- Sarah Padellaro, Timberlane
- Shannon Goodwin, Winnisquam
The 2017 Granite State Games Tom Ducharme Future Leaders Scholarship Winners:
- Samantha LeClair, Londonderry (South)
- William Sherman, Merrimack (South)
- Erika Farhm, Keene (Monadnock)
- Gunner Hagstrom, Hillsboro-Deering (Monadnock)
- Brenda Bounphakhom, Newmarket (Coastal)
- Alex Carbone, Exeter (Coastal)
- Taylor Smart, Trinity Christian (Lakes)
- Michael Wernig, Gilford HS (Lakes) Erik Wennerstrom Scholarship Winner
The 2016 Granite State Games Tom Ducharme Future Leaders Scholarship Winners:
- Nalen Dias – Iarrobino, Londonderry HS (Coastal)
- Olivia Paige Palumbo, Londonderry HS (Coastal)
- Megan Wheeler, Conant HS (Monadnock)
- Jon Spaulding, Fall Mountain HS (Monadnock)
- Haley Bridgeman, Kingswood HS (Lakes)
- Hudson Ingoldsby, Prospect Mountain HS (Lakes) Erik Wennerstrom Scholarship Winner
- Bridget Kennerson, Goffstown HS (South)
- Jocelyn Dimond, John Stark HS (South)
The 2015 Granite State Games Tom Ducharme Future Leaders Scholarship Winners:
- Julia Lanctot, Timberlane HS (Coastal)
- Sophie Bushey, Fall Mountain HS (Monadnock)
- Morgan Amanda Whaley, Kingswood HS (Lakes)
- Callie Dwyer, Merrimack HS (South)
- Brian Auffant, Winnacunnet HS (Coastal)
- Tim Alibozek, Hanover HS (Monadnock)
- Jonathan LeClair, Belmont HS, (Lakes) Erik Wennerstrom Scholarship Winner
- Will Sheppard, Trinity HS (South)
GSG would also like to thank Courville Communities for donating the food and venue for kindly hosting this amazing event.