The 2020 game schedule is coming soon. Click here for the 2019 results!
June 15-18, 2020
Southern New Hampshire University
To compete, athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Athlete must be entering 7th grade in the fall up to graduating seniors
- All athletes must be under the age of 19 as of July 1
- Athlete must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
a. Athlete is a full-time resident of New Hampshire
b. Athlete is a full-time student at a recognized academic institution in the region
Tryouts will be held for basketball and the athletes chosen during the tryouts will have the honor of representing their region in a highly competitive round-robin tournament.
There are four regions represented in the Granite State Games:
- Lakes: Region 1
- Southern: Region 2
- Coastal: Region 3
- Monadnock: Region 4
Don’t know what region you are in? Click here to determine your region.
All athletes receive top-notch coaching throughout the tournament.
- Lakes Region:
(B) Mike Donnel, Franklin HS, email@example.com
(G) Derek Tremblay, Mount Royal Academy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Region:
(B) Austin Denton, One Dream Director, email@example.com
(G) Stephen Largy, Goffstown HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coastal Region:
(B) Braeden Estes, UNH Assistant Coach, email@example.com
(G) Sean Young, Masenic HS Head Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monadnock Region:
(B) Eric Matte, Former Keene HS Varsity Coach, email@example.com
(G) Sarah Landers, Monadnock HS, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not have an official basketball tryout so any interested player, please contact email@example.com for further information on becoming a finalist and participating in the Games.
For athletes who qualify
- $150 Payment which includes one ticket to the Fisher Cats baseball game Friday 6/26 where every GSG player will be on the field prior to the first pitch to be recognized.
- The MVP of the tournament will be listed on the JumboTron.
- Includes Dri-fit numbered jersey!
- 2 – 40 minute stopped time. Clock will run anytime the lead is over 20 points.
- Once under 20 points time stopped time resumes.
- 4 timeouts per game (45 seconds).
- One additional time out in overtime.
- 10th foul shoot 1:1.
- 12 fouls shoot 2 foul shots. 2 free throws shot on any technical foul.
- 3 minutes warm up.
- 2-minute half time.
- Two technical fouls in one game is ejected from the game. Old school tech rule, if player complains or talks to ref (unless captain), technical foul can be issued.
- Overtime, 2 minutes stopped time. After two overtimes, sudden death, golden goal implemented after jump ball.
- Player disqualified once committed 6 personal fouls.
Commemorative Games Sweatshirt: $30